BROWN MEMORIAL LIBRARY
Computer and Internet Use Policy
The Brown Memorial Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The library reserves the right to stop access to inappropriate sites, and will stop access to unlawful sites. The library reserves the right to temporarily withhold or permanently suspend access privileges to anyone misusing the OPLIN/Internet service.
- Minors under age 18 may access the Internet unaccompanied by a parent or guardian only with a signed permission slip on file or by verbal, in person, permission given by the parent or guardian for that instance only. Parents or legal guardians of minor children are ultimately responsible for the child’s use of the Internet at the Library. Furthermore, Brown Memorial Library staff cannot be held responsible for supervising minors while they are using the Internet workstations.
- Time will be limited to one hour (unless no one is waiting.) Total computer use time limits may be extended at the discretion of the director and/or library staff.
- Any computer prints must be paid for at the time of printing. Black and white prints are .20 each; color prints are $1.00 for the first page & $0.50 for each additional page. (rev. November 2016)
Brown Memorial Library provides public Internet access and access to the resources of the Ohio Public Library Information Network.
This service may be used to access any resource, engage in any communication, or conduct any activity available on the worldwide Internet or the Ohio Public Library Information Network provided such activity can be done with standard Web browsers. The following are exceptions:
- You may not send, receive or display text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as obscene.
- You may not use this resource for any illegal purpose.
- You may not in any way alter, reconfigure or damage the public access workstations of the library.
- You may not interfere with or disrupt others, nor invade the privacy of others.
- You may not modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; nor seek unauthorized access to any computer system, or damage or alter software components of any network, host server or database.
- Do not install software of any kind.
- Do not download any plug-ins without consultation with library staff.
- Do not save or download files except on media provided by the library and after consultation with library staff.