Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy
To provide patrons greater access to the internet away from the library and to serve the educational and informational needs of the public.
USB Adapter, Charging Cable, and 4G Mobile Hotspot.
Library Hotspots use the Sprint 4G Network.
Hotspots are checked out for 7 days with no renewals.
Unreturned Hotspots have a $150 replacement cost.
Overdue Hotspots will be deactivated and patron borrowing privileges will be blocked until the mobile hotspot is returned.
Agreement and Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older to check out a Hotspot.
- Borrowers must be a Brown Memorial Library cardholder in good standing.
- A valid Driver’s License/State ID with a current address on file must be presented at the time of checkout.
- Limit of one Hotspot per account.
- Limit of one Hold per account.
- International travel prohibited.
- An agreement must be signed at the time of checkout stating the borrower understands and will abide by the guidelines.
- Mobile Hotspots may be checked out for 7 days.
- Renewals are not permitted on Mobile Hotspots.
- Mobile Hotspots may not be renewed.
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned in person. A staff person will do a visual check to ensure that the device and accessories are returned in good condition.
- Hotspots should never be placed in the book drop.
- Borrowers will be responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- Overdue Mobile Hotspots will be deactivated.
- Mobile Hotspots are to be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only. Any unauthorized, illegal, or unethical use is prohibited.
- Mobile Hotspots should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; do not leave it in a vehicle.
- Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Mobile Hotspot and/or cords, adapters, cases, etc.
- Replacement Costs:
- Hotspot Device $100.00
- Case $10.00
- Charger Block & Charger Cord $40.00
- Patrons are not permitted to purchase their own replacement items.
May 12, 2020