The Brown Memorial Library provides Kindles as an alternative to traditional books for the enrichment and entertainment of patrons.
Agreement and Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older to check out a Chromebook
- Borrowers must be a Brown Memorial Library cardholder in good standing with no unpaid fines, fees, or overdue items.
- A valid Driver’s License/State ID with a current address on file must be presented at the time of checkout.
- An agreement must be signed at the time of checkout stating the borrower understands and will abide by the guidelines.
- Kindles may be checked out for 21 days.
- Patrons will be charged $1.00 per day for overdue up to the cost of the item(s).
- Limit of one Kindle per account.
- Limit of one hold for a Kindle per account.
- Kindles must be returned in person. A staff person will do a visual check to ensure that the device and accessories are returned in good condition.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- Kindles are to be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only. Any unauthorized, illegal, or unethical use is prohibited.
Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Kindles, cords, and cases.
November 24, 2020