Wireless and Computer Use
Wireless Internet Access:
Wireless Internet access is provided for library patrons and guests.There is no cost for this service.
Patrons are responsible for providing and configuring their own equipment. Printing is not available from wireless devices.
Brown Memorial Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The library reserves the right to stop access to inappropriate sites and will stop access to unlawful sites. The library reserves the right to temporarily withhold or permanently suspend access privileges to anyone misusing library computers.
- Minors under age 18 may access library Internet computers unaccompanied by a parent or guardian only with a signed permission slip on file. The Internet may contain material of a controversial nature. The library cannot be held responsible for the content or accuracy of the information accessed through the Internet. Restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian. Furthermore, Brown Memorial Library staff cannot be held responsible for supervising minors while they are using the Internet workstations.
- Library users get an initial 60 minute period on the public computers as the Library's operating hours permit. Library users are welcome to use the computer until a waiting list develops. Time limits will be enforced when this occurs. Total computer use time limits may be extended at the discretion of library staff.
- Any computer prints must be paid for at the time of printing.
Brown Memorial Library provides public Internet access and access to the resources of the Ohio Public Library Information Network.
This service may be used to access any resource, engage in any communication, or conduct any activity available on the worldwide Internet or the Ohio Public Library Network provided such activity can be done with standard Web browsers. The following are exceptions:
- You may not send, receive or display text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as obscene.
- You may not use this resource for illegal purpose.
- You may not in any way alter, reconfigure or damage the public access workstation of the library.
- You may not interfere with or disrupt others, nor invade the privacy of others.
- You may not modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others nor seek unauthorized access to any computer system, or damage or alter software components of computer system security.
- Do not install software of any kind.
- Do not download any plug-ins without consultation with library staff.
- Do not save or download files except on media provided by the library and after consultation with library staff.