The Brown Memorial Library is a member of the Serving Every Ohioan Consortium. We welcome you to enjoy the benefits of our services and resources. Listed below are the Library's procedures on borrowing.
- Any resident of the state of Ohio is eligible for a Brown Memorial Library card.
- Any child under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian give permission for that child to get a card by signing the application form. Proof of ID with current mailing address is required of the responsible party.
- Borrowers may only check out on their own card.
- Brown Memorial Library accepts cards from any SEO member library.
- Books and Audio Books - 21 days
- eBooks - 21 days (you may choose a shorter loan period)
- Magazines - 14 days
- Videos and DVDs - 7 days
Materials of all types may be returned when the library is closed by using the book return located in the parking lot at the rear of the building. All items returned before the library opens will be considered as returned the previous business day. Materials must be returned inside the library during open hours.
- Books and Audiobooks: $0.10 per day
- Magazines: $0.10 per day
- Videos and DVDs: $1.00 per day
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Patrons will be charged a fee equal to the replacement cost for lost materials. Lost charges (aside from accrued overdue fines) will be deleted from the patron's account if the lost item is returned in acceptable condition. Fees for damaged materials may be assessed depending on the severity of the damage.
Reserves and Requests
- Reserves may be placed on all circulating items. Items that are not owned by Brown Memorial Library but are available on the library's catalog through the SEO Consortium can be requested and will be delivered to the library. Patrons will be notified when requested items are ready for pickup by phone, email, or text. All requested items will be held at the library for 7 days.
- Requests for items will be filled according to availability.
- All items may be renewed for four additional loan periods provided another patron has not requested that item. Patrons may renew items online or contact the library for assistance.